Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Meatball!



My baby boy is 3 today! I can't believe how fast time flies! It seems like just yesterday, he was born! His birth was so beautiful and continues to inspire me! Thank you, Meatball, for 3 years of pure joy!

(Please ignore the date stamps, I still have trouble figuring out how to change the bag on my sweeper, so you can imagine what high-tech cameras do to me!)


Because you have to see his thighs to believe them! So much for newborn diapers!




Proud big brother and sister welcome their new baby home!




It's been tricky having a birthday so close to Christmas. Last year, we waited until after New Years to have his party. This year, we decided to have it before Christmas, in case travel will be in January! We are big into birthdays - this year Meatball chose a ball theme. "Ball" was actually his first word, well maybe after "Mommy!" So I guess you could say he likes them!

Remember the soccer cake, I'll tell you why in a minute!

Look at that form! Super Bowl, here he comes!

Woogie thought the cat was being left out of the birthday fun. I don't think the cat agreed!


OK, remember how I said to remember the soccer cake? Well, there's a member of our family I haven't introduced you to yet and that's our 5 month-old black lab, Jada. What were we thinking getting a puppy, I don't know! It had something to do with Scott saying that the kids needed to grow up with a dog, but the details are fuzzy after having her for 3 months! Anyway, because I kind of go cake crazy (I think more about how the cake will look than how much of it we actually NEED), we had a lot of cake left over. There was only about 3 pieces sliced out of that soccer ball cake when I wrapped it in foil and put in in the fridge. Well, a couple days after the party, someone who shall remain nameless (OK, it was Meatball! I'm sure you'd have guessed!) left the fridge door open, and this is what I found...


!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home