Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Monday, January 7, 2008

Getting Ready For Myli

I've enjoyed preparing for Myli's arrival, even thought sometimes it's been hard to figure out exactly what she needs. Last October, we went crazy trying to prepare for her arrival. There was so much to do! We needed to find bunk beds and mattresses, bedding, and clothes. At least we had a head start already having a girl. We had a pink room and clothes we thought they could share. I think that was part of the reason I was kind of lax getting ready for her. But then when we thought she was coming we realized we needed to kick it into high gear! And now it all waits for her...

Here's the room Woogie and Myli will share. A friend gave me an extra set of girl's bedding. Isn't it perfect?! I wonder who will want to sleep on the top bunk?


I LOVED shopping for Myli's clothes! It was one of those things that helps make this seem real. I also just love the idea of dressing her in clothes that will hopefully make her feel like the princess she already is to us! Meatball went with me on some of the shopping and told various strangers in the store, "We're 'dopting Myli." He also came in handy for shoe shopping. It seems he and Myli wear the same size. I just hope no one saw me trying girl's shoes on him! I decided that since it will be Scott taking care of her by himself for a couple weeks over there that I needed a wardrobe strategy. I wanted to pick a color palate and items that could all be mixed and matched - foolproof!. Of course, I'm also a bargain shopper, so it was kind of a tall order, but I was pretty pleased with the results! I went back later and got clothes in smaller sizes after an eye-witness told me how small she was. Now I'm hoping all of this fits her by the time we actually get her! Hopefully, it will still be the right season for all the warm stuff as well!


This seems a little silly today. It's 62 degrees! Pretty warm for this area in January, but spring will be here before we know it! I had to get Woogie matching hat, gloves, and scarf set. I hope Myli likes pink!
I usually hit all the clearance sales at the end of the seasons, so last summer, I found lots of coordinating girls' summer clothes. I especially loved these dresses! Can't you just see our two girls in these! Hope they fit!

1 Comments:

  • Jennifer I would have been in girly heaven. I loved pink , when I was a girl, but unfortunately too often, I had to wear my big brothers stuff ( I looked like a skinny boy), but heck, I survived that too.

    I think the room is great, your girls will have a good time in their room.

    By Blogger Ute, At January 7, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home