Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Still Nothing

I still have no real update and no travel date. But somehow I have a peace and calm about it - truly peace that passes understanding!

This week has been good, though. Scott and I had a wonderful night away. It was very much needed! I just wish it could have been a little longer! When I mentioned to him that it had been over 3 years since we had been there at our favorite getaway, he was surprised it had been so long. We really need to try to do this more often! On Saturday, we went browsing around to some of the shops and stopped at an antique mall. I found a beautiful bracelet to give to our coordinator. The funniest thing happened - we were wandering around looking for that antique mall, so we walked down past a strip of shops (where one wouldn't typically walk!) to see if we could figure out where it was. We didn't see it, so we turned around and right in front of me was the door to the Golden Rule travel agency - the first travel agency I had contacted about our trip! I knew they were located somewhere down there, but I couldn't have found that hole in the wall if I had been trying! Although they were extremely nice and helpful, we didn't end up using them, but I still felt somehow encouraged to see that sign.

Our builder called this week and had some good news. It appears that we would be able to do an addition on our house after all! He's coming back to day to double check some measurements, but it really sounds like it may become an option! Monday evening, I went our our neighborhood ladies' tea and was again reminded that I don't want to move. What an incredible group of women that are my neighbors! We had a great time!

Yesterday, I started teaching a series of childbirth classes at the pregnancy center where I volunteer. We had a great group, and I left in awe of the people that God allows me to cross paths with! Then I came home and felt the same way when I was in contact with some PAP's I've encountered along this path of adoption. It's hard to justify complaining about the waiting when I feel so incredibly blessed! God has shown me beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is in control and it is a great comfort.

6 Comments:

  • Wow! what a great neighborhood. Tea time with the ladies, love it!

    It does sound like a good week, hopefully it only gets better.

    By Blogger mel@livvyloowho, At January 16, 2008 at 11:28 AM  

  • Just found your blog and think it's great!!! As for the tea time, in my neighborhood they'd rather have beer .... me I hate the stuff and would rather have tea.... go figure...

    By Blogger Dani, At January 18, 2008 at 12:22 AM  

  • Actually the tea has turned into dinner with dessert and coffee. I don't drink coffee, so I was offered tea, but I declined! The punch and lemonade were great! So there actually was no tea! We went around the table and shared what we and our families have been up to this year. Then we had a gift exchange. We used to also do a cookie exchange, but that was when we used to do this before Christmas. The last couple years we all agreed it's easier to do after the holidays! It was a great evening to catch up and get to know one another even better.

    By Blogger Jennifer, At January 18, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

  • I wouldn't leave that neighborhood either. That has to be a rarity to have neighbors that get together like that.

    By Blogger Nichole, At January 18, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

  • What a nice neighborhood. We live for eight years in the same neighborhood, but I only kow the surrounding houses. It is mostly waiving and a little chit chat, but that's it.

    Hope you can stay there.

    By Blogger Ute, At January 18, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

  • I hope we can stay, too! These women are great! One neighbor hosted a Mary Kay party for the neighborhood to raise money for our adoption last year. Many neighbors donated items and came to our yard sales. One even decided some of our signs weren't big enough and brought big pieces of cardboard and markers over and said, "Let's make more signs!" Then she drove around and put them up for us!

    They're all great! I can't say enough good things about our neighbors!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At January 18, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home