Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another Setback

The news finally came, but it was not the good news I had hoped to hear. Not only was the last document not finished, but it seems there may be a problem with completing it. But history has shown me that even when things seem the most impossible, there's still hope. I'm just really expecting another miracle with this. It also helps to have the assurance that our coordinator will not give up. I really believe this will all work out, but I have to wonder when?!

It wasn't all bad news, though. We also found out that the documents have all been received for the adoption that has to take place before ours. Hopefully, there won't be any more delays, the mayor will finalize the adoption quickly, and a precious little girl will get to go home to her new family very soon!

I also found out more about Myli's birth family. The details are so important to me as I know how important they will be to her. My heart goes out to her birth mother. I'm not sure if it is possible, but I am thinking about asking if I could send a gift for her when Scott travels. I'm sure it can't be anything valuable (nor would I want it to be), so I'm thinking about something more sentimental. Any ideas??

Here is a bracelet I found for our coordinator at an antique mall when Scott and I went away for the night. Isn't it pretty? The pictures don't really do it justice. The rhinestones are blue or purple depending on how the light hits them. I hope she likes it! I kind of wish I had bought one or two pieces for myself. I'm not really big into jewelry, but some of these were beautiful!

2 Comments:

  • This adoption , like all the other ones, are truly roller coaster rides. I pray for you and your family and of course Mylie, that the last documents can be finished , too. I guess, we all have to think in baby steps.

    I love the bracelet and I think it is save to say - if you like it, it will be a good present.

    By Blogger Ute, At January 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

  • Pretty bracelet! I like the idea of jewelry. What gifts are sentimental to you? I would go back to the antique mall and look for a special pendent, necklace or bracelet that didn't look too old or cheap. We've got a great selection and prices at our Riverfront Antique Mall (Ohio's largest supposedly) here in New Phila. Come on down and I'll go with ya!

    By Blogger Unknown, At January 30, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home