Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Friday, February 29, 2008

Adoption Update

Well, we are still VERY snowy around here. I think the only reason the kids keep going to school is that they ran out of snow days this week. But yet, it's another day that I can't see the road. Meatball and I were going to go to a church today to play with his cousins. They have a really neat play area that is bigger and cleaner than McDonald's. And there's no feeling of obligation to buy junk food! It's not looking likely that we will make it.... I hope it's a bit better tomorrow. The elementary school is having their yearly carnival, and the kids are really looking forward to it.

We did have some encouraging news regarding our adoption this week, and there was good news for other families adopting from Uzbek as well, so I've been feeling a bit more positive about things that last couple days. I am cautiously optimistic that Scott may be able to travel by the beginning of April. To have a timeline to look forward to once again is very good, but it also makes me again return to my list of things that have to be done by the time he leaves! It's been hard for us to prepare during the delays considering all of the uncertainty. I know I won't complain, though, no matter what I have to do!!! It's so exciting to think that there really may be a light at the end of this tunnel...

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home