Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthday Reflections














Wasn't it just yesterday that I gave birth to a baby boy and had my first sweet taste of motherhood? He was so soft and warm and beautiful - a dream come true. Other moms told me, "He'll grow up so fast! Don't blink!" So I tried to savor every precious moment and vowed to not miss a milestone. The intensity of trying to keep my eyes wide open sometimes brought me to tears, especially as I watched him grow like lightening anyway. "The endless days and the lightening fast years..." I'd try to remind myself that this was the goal - to help him grow to become a strong, independent adult who didn't need his mommy anymore. Even so, the joy was bittersweet as I realized what an incredible person he was indeed becoming. Just yesterday I held my baby boy in my arms for the first time, and today he turns 9 years old - halfway to adulthood. Wow, I'd better not blink again...

Happy Birthday, Legoboy! I love you so much! Thank you for making me a mommy!

2 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday to LeggoBoy!

    Great pictures, Jen. Soon, he'll have another little sister to watch over, and she can join them in their group huddles.

    By Blogger smctiver, At September 16, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

  • Happy Birthday !

    It is so true, you blink, and they are grown up. The baby times are gone, but they know, that they had a wonderful one and you can see that in their personalities.

    Have a great day with your oldest child:)

    By Blogger Ute, At September 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home