Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another Anniversary

I can't believe one year ago today we matched with Myli. I never dreamed in million years a year would pass, and we would still be waiting. I've had to back to my book about waiting lately. This passage struck me today:

"Lewis Smedes writes,

Waiting is our destiny as creatures who cannot by themselves bring about what they hope for.
We wait in the darkness for a flame we cannot light,
We wait in fear for a happy ending we cannot write.
We wait for a not yet that feels like a not ever.
Waiting is the hardest work of hope. "

"Waiting is the hardest work of hope" - that's what this last year has been.

I received new pictures of Myli this week. She is really growing up! I usually think how little she is, and that helps it seem that she isn't growing up too much without us. But I could tell that she is a year older in these pictures. The story I was told about her was so sweet! She was given the gift of an inflatable beach ball. After someone helped her open it, she didn't want to blow it up and play with it. Instead she carefully put it back in the package to protect it.

It's amazing to me how connected I can feel to this child I've never met! I feel like over the last year I've really crossed over. Before, we were looking forward to adding this child to our family, but now its as though someone's missing. As hard as I try to just enjoy my kids and the time we have together before Myli comes, nothing feels complete without her. I hope we get her before next year...!

5 Comments:

  • Jennifer, I do understand you. These little lives have so much influence over us, that they are truly already parts of our families:)

    By Blogger Ute, At June 15, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

  • I know this must be so hard for you Jennifer. I remember last year.........I don't think any of us thought this year would come around and Myli would still be in Uzbek.......we're all praying that she'll be home VERY, VERY soon!

    By Blogger Tammie, At June 16, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

  • Add my positive thoughts for bringing little Myli home, it's time that she comes home to her mom and dad. The posting was beautiful and very touching.

    By Blogger Dani, At June 16, 2008 at 11:36 PM  

  • Jen, as I read your post the tears are running down my face. You said it all so perfect, I would have never believed it if we haven't also been living it how we can feel so connected without even really knowing them. I am praying for you and your family, that Myli will be home soon.

    By Blogger Amanda, At June 17, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

  • I hope she's here before next year too. Thanks for sharing your heart!

    By Blogger Unknown, At June 19, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home