Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Birthday Party - Finally!









Today was the first day of school for Legoboy and Woogie. Finally, some time to catch up! I hope to post much more of our summer adventures in the days to come. I really can't believe 2 of my kids are in school all day this year! I'm not sure what I will do... One thing high on my list is to train myself to wear shoes. One of our cats has become quite the mole hunter, and he likes to bring them to the porch and leave them on the door mat. A present, I suppose. Well, for the second time now, I stepped out the door this morning with bare feet and onto a dead mole - YUCK! My kids thought it was hysterical. I didn't. Oh well, at least they were smiling in their first day of school pictures instead of rolling their eyes - yes, they are officially in the rolling eyes phase. Where does the time go?!

7 Comments:

  • Aren't you glad that the "talk to the hand" phase is over?

    I need to send you a pair of flip-flops for those moles! I found some Teva sandals on sale this past weekend & bought two pair - they're very cushionny. I wouldn't wear them to church, but they are easier to put on than regular shoes, quite comfortable, and a good deflector for dead moles!!

    By Blogger smctiver, At August 26, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

  • WHAT you don't appreciate your cats gift to you? You were supposed to use positive reinforcement and say... goooddddd kitty... thank you very much. Then tell them where to leave the gift next time.... And, next time ... look before you step lol

    By Blogger Dani, At August 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Jennifer, At September 1, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

  • LOL! Dani - I leave that up to my husband. He just LOVES that this cat is killing all of the moles! Every morning when he leaves for work, he joyfully picks them up by the tail (EWWWWW!) and takes them to the garbage can, praising the cat the whole way!

    I had to delete my first try at this comment. I misspelled "tail" - "tale!" I must be REALLY tired! LOL!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At September 2, 2008 at 7:06 AM  

  • GROSSSS!!!! On the mole, thing!!!

    That cake is adorable! Did you make it? How did you do the stars?

    By Blogger Nichole, At September 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

  • That is such a cute cake! Did you make it? How did you do the stars?

    Grosssss, about the moles!! They are quite the ugly animal.

    By Blogger Nichole, At September 3, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

  • Thanks, Nichole! When she said she wanted a Hannah Montana party, I had no idea how to do a cake! I realized a guitar cake might have been better a little too late. So I figured purple with glittery stars would work. The stars are just molded white chocolate. I put some sugar sprinkles and edible glitter in the molds before I put the chocolate in so they'd sparkle a bit.

    By Blogger Jennifer, At September 3, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home