Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Thursday, March 27, 2008

And Then, The Sun Came Out!

Well, I think spring may have finally arrived to our part of the world! It's not terribly warm, but all of the snow has finally melted. There was this one stubborn patch where I shoveled the driveway that just wouldn't melt, but it's finally gone!

And with the sun, came good adoption news! Things are looking better and better for Scott to be traveling soon to bring Myli home. It could be as soon as next month! I'm still afraid to get too excited, but my mind keeps thinking of all I need to do before he leaves. Life is busy right now with starting VBS planning and extra church responsibilities. I also have a childbirth class starting in just a few weeks. But it's good to keep my mind occupied. I was going completely crazy waiting for our update the last month! I'm also starting to do the - can't plan ahead, play everything by ear, because Scott may be traveling soon, and we might have Myli home by then - thing again which also drives me completely crazy! Oh well, at least we have a new time frame to look forward to. Could this really be it? Do I see that light getting a little brighter at the end of the tunnel?

7 Comments:

  • I so much hope so - it has to end eventually, right?

    By Blogger Ute, At March 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

  • Yippeeeee - Scott & Myli will be outside flying new kites in the Uzbek April sunshine with their friends Igor & Vova!!!

    Which do you think she'll prefer: the Tigger or Princess design?

    I'm happy for your good news and I'm still going to think positively for you!

    By Blogger smctiver, At March 27, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

  • Oh, I hope so, Shari! I'm just so afraid to get my hopes up too high!

    I've heard she's a tomboy, but becoming more lady-like, so I'm sure either would be fine!

    Have you sent the stuff for the boys yet? I'm watching the mail!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At March 27, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

  • YEA!!!! Oh this is such great news. I am so excited for you!!

    By Blogger Amanda, At March 28, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

  • Congrats on your good news, I'm sure she'll be home soon. Me, I'm sure I'll be drawing social security before we get our referrals let alone get our little ones home lol

    By Blogger Dani, At March 28, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

  • Jennifer,
    I have been so touched by you're story. We adopted two girls from Uzb Dec-07. We are in process of adopting a 12 year old girl from the same orphanage Myli is in. I have lots of pictures of Myli. I met her when I was at the orphanage. She is such a sweet girl.

    Please email me APMareamH@aol.com

    By Blogger Maream, At April 1, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

  • Maream - You do?! You did?! I'm e-mailing you right now!!!!!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At April 1, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home