Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Four Births, a Funeral, and Pictures

And that was only some of what happened today... Whew!! I'm tired!

P.K. had her kittens today. It was really cool that all of the kids got to see at least one kitten born. They didn't get to see anything last time. Sadly, one kitty (the firstborn) died soon after the last was born. It was such a cutie - light gray tiger striped. We all had a good cry and buried it in a shoebox in the front yard. My kids haven't had much experience with death, so there was a lot of talk and emotions today that have left me absolutely wiped out! The other 3 kitties seem to be doing well - there's 2 white ones and a black with white diamonds on its belly. I think they'll be really cute, so hopefully we will find them all good homes - FAST!

I also got new, much anticipated pictures of Myli today! YAY!!!!!!! I just think she gets more adorable with every picture I see of her! I can't wait to see her in person! I have no idea when that may be, but I just hope that someday I won't have to just look at pictures...

5 Comments:

  • ...and starring -Hugh Grant!

    Jennifer, you definetly had a busy day.I really hope you will find homes for the kittens soon.

    I loved Mylies pics - she is so sweet :)

    By Blogger Ute, At May 11, 2008 at 1:36 AM  

  • Jen,

    Have you thought of scheduling 3 shipments of one kitten each in about 7 weeks time to select members of your adoption coalition???

    While they're waiting for their kids, a nice kitten would be like a temporary booby prize...We already have a cat, by the way!

    By Blogger smctiver, At May 11, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

  • I have wondered how I would go about shipping kittens if I could just find interested parties! There isn't much I wouldn't do or distances I wouldn't travel to get homes for these cats...

    By Blogger Jennifer, At May 11, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

  • Congratulations on your new kittens Jen! And your new pics of Myli. I'm sure she is just beautiful!!

    By Blogger Tammie, At May 12, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

  • Well whatever you do with those kittens don't ship them off to me, I already have 5 litters of my own... Yes 5 LITTERS not 5 kittens.....

    By Blogger Dani, At May 13, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home