Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Friday, April 4, 2008

The news is in...


And it isn't good. No progress has been made for us to bring Myli home. I think we're now tentatively hoping for the end of next month for Scott to travel, but this is also the 5th or 6th time frame that we have received. Needless to say, there is no breath-holding going on over here, but there were a few tears. It's been a frustrating day, but a few things have really helped. There are not words to describe how much the support from other PAP's in my agency meant to me today. There hasn't been much good news to go around, but still there is such a great beauty, strength, and humor about this group of women! It's so humbling! And I am so grateful!

Soon after getting off the phone today with the agency, I stumbled onto this song on a non-adoption related blog (hard to believe I could be interested in anything else right now, right?!)
. I've never heard this song before, but I hope that God intends this to be the answer to our prayers. "Through waves and clouds and storms, He gently clears the way, Wait because in His time, so shall this night, Soon end in joy, soon end in joy, Soon end in joy, soon end in joy"

Please, Lord. Let this night soon end in joy!




GOD WILL LIFT UP YOUR HEAD

traditional words by Paul Gerhardt
(trans. John Weswley, alt. by Jars of Clay)/
music by Jars of Clay


Give to the wind your fear
Hope and be undismayed
God hears your sighs and counts your tears
God will lift up, God will lift up, lift up your head

God will lift up your head
God will lift up your head
God will lift up your head
Lift up your head

Leave to His sovereign sway
To choose and to command
Then shall we wandering on His way
Know how wise and how strong
How wise and how strong

God will lift up your head
God will lift up your head
God will lift up your head
Lift up your head

Through waves and clouds and storms, He gently clears the way
Wait because in His time, so shall this night
Soon end in joy, soon end in joy
Soon end in joy, soon end in joy

God will lift up your head
God will lift up your head
God will lift up your head

© 2005 Bridge Building, a div. of Zomba Enterprises, Inc. (BMI) / Pogostick Music (BMI).

6 Comments:

  • I am so sad...things have to go right sometime! You are such a strong women. I really treasure this adoption journey, even though it has been rough, because have met all of you guys!

    By Blogger Nichole, At April 5, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

  • I feel the same way, Nichole! As hard as this has been, sharing it with you guys has been one of the greatest experiences of my life! I know it sounds odd, but that's the great part - you guys know exactly how I feel, no matter how strange it might seem to someone else!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At April 5, 2008 at 11:57 PM  

  • Jennifer, your posting touched me more than you'll ever know. Steve is on the road 5 days a week so it leaves me far too much time on my hands to think. I pushed myself into your group and sometimes feel like the odd duck out. But I do know how you feel. I've waited so long to be a mother, patience has never been in my vocabulary, and at times I sit and feel sorry for myself that I don't have anyone who really understands the process. I'm thankful that all of you do understand and reading the blogs keeps me sane and makes me realize that my feelings of frustration and anxiety about this process taking what seems like forever is a shared bond with all of you, so thank you for your post. Hopefully, thinks will start moving faster now that the weather has broken and your facilitator is back to work.

    By Blogger Dani, At April 6, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

  • You've hardly pushed yourself into our group, Dani! It is too bad we don't have the same agency, I know that makes it a little harder sometimes, but there's not exactly a ton of people adopting from Uzbekistan! As far a I'm concerned, we're all in the same small rowboat! Or maybe it's a lifeboat! In any case, we all can use all the support we can get!!!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At April 6, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

  • Hi Jen,

    I am so sorry that you did not get the good news that we all had hoped for you. You're half-way around the world from Myli. We can only put our trust in our agency & our facilitator and hope that they're working together to move everything along as quickly as possible.

    Let's pray that this log-jam will open up sooner as opposed to later.

    By Blogger smctiver, At April 8, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

  • Jennifer, some of the women that I do have some dialogue with on the blogs are wonderful, caring, and loving women who will make wonderful mothers. Steve chose our agency because he felt that being so close in proximity with the agency made practical sense. It's a small agency, caring, and patient, or at least so far is. Who knows, maybe we'll be traveling at same time, would be wonderful to meet some of you :)

    By Blogger Dani, At April 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home