Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Friday, April 11, 2008

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Or is it one step forward, two steps back? I'm not sure anymore, but that is our update for the week. I'm afraid it might be May before we know if Myli's paperwork is acceptable. I have to wonder if it's not, how long it will take after that to make it so! I can't believe we might actually come up to the anniversary of matching with Myli on June 14th. When we got that far, we really thought we were home free! How little did we know...

3 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry Jennifer........just hang in there though.....your getting closer and closer. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for y'all.

    By Blogger Tammie, At April 11, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

  • Jennifer I understand the frustration as well. When this process is all over we'll need to celebrate in a big way. It's been my understanding that there are thousands of orphans in Uzbekistan, it's just that the U.S. has high standards for acceptable paperwork and they're not flexible, I understand the regulations but when it comes to children I have a hard time with such rigidity. Hopefully your facilitator can take all paperwork to the U.S. Embassy for a trial run to make sure it's all in order.

    By Blogger Dani, At April 11, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

  • Jennifer, I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. Not sure if it's comforting or not to think that God knows the perfect time she'll come home to you, and that He's not surprised by changes in plans. Oh how He will bless you...

    By Blogger Unknown, At April 12, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home