Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Saturday, May 10, 2008

First Tag!

I can't believe it! I've been tagged! I feel like a real blogger now! Thanks, Valerie!

What I was doing 10 years ago:
Graduating from college - in fact I think it was exactly 10 years ago on the 9th. I was so happy I actually made it through and got my nursing degree!!!!
Celebrating my second wedding anniversary a month later.
Visiting friends in Florida in Aug. of that year - the first and last time I was on a plane.
Starting my first job as a nurse.
Oh, and I got pregnant with my first baby, Legoboy, at the end of 1998 :-)
What a busy year!

5 things on my to-do list today:
Well, it's after midnight, so I can put my plans for TODAY (Tues.) and not just "go to bed" which is my plan for the rest of the night! It took me since Saturday night to get this far so that's the date that's showing up!
1. Take Lovebug to the vet to get neutered (so glad I didn't try to get him spayed!)
2. Take Woogie to the dentist for a check-up
3. Go to a baby shower at church tonight.
4. VBS planning, Sleepover Sisters planning, and preparing my Sunday School lesson
5. Do laundry, dishes, make beds, straighten, vacuum, mop, clean the kitchen, prepare meals, and take care of my kids and the pets. And if I have time - crochet more squares for Myli's blanket.

I think that about covers it.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I don't even know where I would start! I guess that shows you how much time I spend thinking I might ever be a billionaire :-). I would definitely tithe to our church, give money to as many worthy charities as I could find including Reece's Rainbow and the pregnancy center where I volunteer. Adopt as many kids as Scott would allow. Pay for other people to adopt children that need homes. Add on to our house to help accommodate all of our children or just buy a big farm where we could stand to have our menagerie of cats and our monster dog. Pay off our house. Let Scott do whatever job he wanted to do without worrying about salary and benefits. Go on a long road trip to see the whole U.S. with our kids. Help friends, family, and strangers. I know this isn't very creative or unique, but it's my heart!

Bad habits:
1. Reading blogs and checking my e-mail
2. Stress eating
3. Looking at photolistings of waiting children - and then telling Scott about them...
4. Staying up late at night

Places I've lived
7 different houses (or apartments) all in the same area of Ohio - Sorry, I am WAY boring!

5 jobs I've had:
1. Library Assistant
2.Nurse Tech at a hospital
3. School Nurse and Special Ed. Teaching Assistant
4. Health Dept. Nurse at a WIC Clinic
5. Now, I'm a full-time mom, Lamaze Instructor, and lactation consultant (all on a volunteer basis at the moment - of course, I don't have any hopes of ever being paid for the mom thing!)


Who would I like to tag? Well, I don't know how to link anything to my blog, so I'll just have to hope that everyone that reads this blog knows who I'm talking about!
1. Barb
2. Ute
3. Nichole
4. Melissa
5. Shari
I think Valerie already tagged Lisa.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home