Our Uzbekistan Adoption Journey

Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Problems

This has been a long week. It's hard to believe that it was just last Friday that we went to a local adoption support group for the first time. That was a really nice and informative experience. We had a great dinner and got to commiserate with adoptive parents who have been through the struggles and delays we have, but are on the other side with their children home. It gave us hope. They had a birthmother, an adoptive parent, and two adults who had been adopted as infants (one domestically and one internationally) speak about their life stories. It was very emotional, but just an awesome experience! Maybe again God was preparing my heart for more bad news.

There have been more delays with the adoption that has to be finalized before ours. The setback that we encountered last week seems to be even more complicated than I originally understood it to be, and I thought it sounded next to impossible when I first heard it! And to top it all off, it seems there are to be some changes in the region where we are adopting. All of these factors put together have me pretty convinced that it will be nothing short of a miracle if we can bring Myli home any time in the near future. But I believe God is a God of miracles, so I still have hope. It's been really hard lately, though. Meatball said out of the blue the other day, "Mommy, is Myli coming?" And then yesterday when I got off the phone with the adoption agency, he asked, "Did she say we could have Myli?" I didn't even tell him who I was talking to. He just figured it out. Our kids really don't understand why it is taking so long to bring home their new sister. I can't imagine how broken hearted they will be if we aren't able to.

One bright spot was new pictures of Myli. They are like winning the lottery to me! One of them, again, very much resembled Legoboy. I told him that as we were looking at them. He zoomed in really close so that her face filled the whole screen and told me that she didn't look just like him, because she didn't have a small red birthmark on her temple like he does. I explained to him that of course, they aren't absolutely identical in every way, but that she looks like his sister. He exclaimed, "Well, of course she does, Mom, she IS my sister!" This is the coming from same boy who had a hard time in the beginning understanding how adoption would make Myli his sister! I really believe she is meant to be their sister, I just hope and pray they will be get meet her one day soon.

We are getting tired. We are again experiencing problems in addition to the adoption. I just keep looking back at the other times where it just seemed like we were being pummeled left and right by difficulties. It was in those times when we saw the hand of God the most. We saw the most incredible answers to prayer! I just have to trust that even in these difficult times of uncertainty, that God is still in control. I look forward to seeing how He will work in this situation. Not just for us, but for Myli, so that she can have a home and a family as soon as possible!

5 Comments:

  • Oh, Jennifer...your post sounds so ominous. I am obviously out of the loop on what's happening this past week. I can't be at the chat, but maybe Hubby will be there to catch up on everything.

    I sure hope you all get better news soon!

    By Blogger smctiver, At January 31, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

  • Wow, just when you think it can't get worse. I am so sorry you have to go through this. You must be one strong woman since the Lord will not give us more than we can handle! The strength of your faith during this trial is very inspirational. Hang in there, I am praying!

    By Blogger Nichole, At January 31, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

  • Thanks for praying, Nichole! One thing I've really learned during this is that God does hear our prayers!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At January 31, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

  • When we adopted our son from Kazakhstan last year our road was paved with problems and delays. There were times I just felt like giving up. We stuck it through and took each road block as it came our way and worked through it. At the end of that long hard road was a beautiful boy whom I love so very much. I would walk that road over and over again for him.

    By Blogger AhsMom, At February 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

  • Thanks for the encouragement, ?momof4?! Nice to "meet" you, by the way!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At February 3, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home